[Icecast] I can't start video streaming

Shigeru Oyama shigeru at oya.jp
Wed Dec 6 07:36:08 UTC 2017

Dear Guys;

I am very beginner of Icecast, but I already setup several icecast servers
with MP3 audio music broadcasting with icecast2 (2.4) and BUTT or ices as
source clients. Those are works well for almost one year already.

I tried to make video casting with icecast2 (2.4) and VLC media player as a
source client, but icecast never recognize VLC as a source.

icecast.xml had set just same as I made MP3 stream case;

    <listen-socket>
        <port>8000</port>
        <!-- <bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address> -->
             <shoutcast-mount>/bfmvideocast</shoutcast-mount>
    </listen-socket>

at VLC setting, I put icecast2 information, and I select "Video - Theora +
Vorbis (OGG)" as profile.
Although I started VLC, icecast never recognize sourse client, according to
icecast admin site.

When I started VLC, I'v got a error message at icecast error.log, those are;

[2017-12-06  15:23:54] INFO fserve/fserve_client_create checking for file
/style.css (/usr/share/icecast2/web/style.css)

I'm sorry I can't understand this meaning.

Dose anybody help letting me know how to start video stream with icecast
and VLC?
I am not trying to to do difficult things, I just want make video stream.

Thank you,
Shigeru Oyama
Shonan Beach FM
Japan