[Icecast] Newbie Questions

Will R willr at rice.edu
Wed Aug 9 19:33:27 UTC 2017

[Will R] Appears to be Redhat.

Will R

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 22:46:01 -0500
From: "Will Robedee" <WillR at rice.edu>
To: <icecast at xiph.org>
Subject: [Icecast] Newbie Questions

I inherited an icecast server at a radio station.  I am not a linux/unix person.  I am able to use putty and winscp to gain access.  I can use sudo -s -H to gain root level access (dangerous, I know), but I do not know the OS (or even which OS variant).

First question, how do I determine what OS is being used?

Next question, I want to use logrotate.d to rotate (and archive) logs on a monthly basis.  How is that done?

What is a PID?

(Yes, I am a newbie!)

Will R

Message: 2