[Icecast] Using Icecast relay function with dynamic IP at remote source end

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 17:26:35 UTC 2017

Hey,

  The relay easiest to configured in a pull configuration. Where the
setting are setup on the remote server.

   Since the client is on WiFi, you will have lots of issues streaming due
to the ever changing wifi environment.  My suggestion is source the stream
at the lowest settings for encoding you can live with, This will keep the
bandwidth down and less likely burp on you.

  We do have clients who use WiFi and set the the encoding to smallest size
for the content being recorded. Most of the time since its voice content we
really don't have to go super high on the encoding.

 I have set up the relay to supplement our bandwidth when we think it will
be over the limit.  Just remember you need to give the listeners the remote
server connection info not the local server.

  Why it would be better? not sure why, but if the icecast server is set
with a larger buffer, it will buffer thru the disconnects of the source.

David.