[Icecast] Icecast help

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Mon Oct 17 00:11:54 UTC 2016

Hi Mark,

I’m subscribed to this group also.  Icecast Server supports fallback mounts to handle this situation.  We have this configured for some of our stream hosting customers.  Something like this is configured in the icecast.xml...

   <mount>
        <mount-name>/auto.aac</mount-name>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
   </mount>
   <mount>
        <mount-name>/live.aac</mount-name>
        <fallback-mount>/auto.aac</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
   </mount>
   <mount>
        <mount-name>/listen.aac</mount-name>
        <fallback-mount>/live.aac</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
   </mount>

Your automation sends to /auto.aac, you advertise /listen.aac for the listeners to connect to.  DJ's connect to /live.aac.

Change or remove the ".aac" depending on codec.

Regards,
Ross.