[Icecast] Use web admin to re-start source?

Jack Elliott thatjackelliott at kpov.org
Fri Mar 4 23:39:24 UTC 2016

Thank you. In this case, the source client is the fallback mount, which
is an mp3 file.

I think I found my issue.

The code in icecast.xml looks like this:

  <mount type="normal">
         <mount-name>/stream</mount-name>
         <max-listeners>6</max-listeners>
         <burst-size>65536</burst-size>
         <fallback-mount>/fallback.mp3</fallback-mount>
         <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
         <fallback-when-full>1</fallback-when-full>
     <stream-name>KPOV private remote stream</stream-name>

When the Icecast source client mount "/stream" is powered off or
disconnected, the listen client hears the fallback-mount, which is the
file fallback.mp3 . This is expected behavior.

If I use the "Kill Source" button on the web admin page at
/admin/listmounts.xsl to kill the fallback, the listen client stops
playing and the listmounts.xsl page shows

    Message: Source Removed

    Return Code: 1

This also seems like expected behavior.

If I reconnect the listen client, I hear the fallback.mp3 file again.

But if I refresh the listmounts.xsl page (it is still showing the
"Source Removed" message and Return Code), it kills the stream again. So
refreshing that page seems to re-issue the "Kill Source" command. This
is unexpected behavior.

But no big deal: if I first navigate away from listmounts.xsl then
return (instead of refreshing it) it shows the fallback playing normally.

A RFE: would it be possible for the current stream bitrates to be
displayed on stats.xsl ?

--
That Jack Elliott
(541) 848 7021