[Icecast] Icecast and AAC streams

Dennis Heerema dennis at heerema.net
Fri Mar 4 13:48:41 UTC 2016

Great tool to do this: liquidsoap

Keep in mind that transcoding degrades the quality of tour stream dramaticly. You can avoid this by feeding liquidsoap or stream transcoder with a highquality or even transparant stream and trancode this to the different streaming formats you like. I used to do this by feeding a flac stream to liquidsoap and transcode this to 5 different stream formats i needed. But you might be fine if you feed your transcoder with 320 kbps AAC and transcoder this to lower formats. Maybe experiment with a high quality ogg stream, this might give you beter results due to the use of a different audio compression mask.

Kind regards,

Dennis