[Icecast] Metadata in xsl files

A. Craig West acraigwest at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:06:07 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:44 PM, A. Craig West <acraigwest at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just been re-reading the ices0 code, and it appears that if the protocol in the configuration is set, the complete metadata IS being sent to the icecast server, using HTTP GET /admin/metadata. Is the server ignoring this?

It's always fun answering your own questions. After a little more
investigation, it has become apparent that the server, for reasons of
it's own, is discarding the separate artist and title information that
it has. I suspect that is is because the outgoing mp3 stream has no
way of sending this information, but I don't need it to. I plan on
using this information on the server in xsl files.  I am working on a
patch now to generate the calls to stats_event that would be needed to
preserve this information.