[Icecast] Config and other areas of struggle

Alan Bowness awi3 at live.com
Sat Jul 23 10:37:28 UTC 2016

I think some fundamental misunderstanding thing is perhaps going on.

What is the icecast server that I can see here: http://home.dayme.me:28888 supposed to be streaming?

And

If you use the local IP of that icecast server on another local machine (or same machine) can you then see the admin page?

What is the icecast server that I can see here: http://home.dayme.me:28888 supposed to be streaming?

Configure the thing that is sending info to this icecast server, and test locally again.
Worry about port forwarding later (not that this is an issue at all)

I’m fair at networking and have quite a bit of experience configuring icecast to work with darkice only.

Regards