[Icecast] Listen Links

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:51:40 UTC 2016

On 4 Jan 2016, at 23:41, Hannah Carroll wrote:

> Hello,can you expand a bit more on how its not possible.How have those
> websites managed it then?

They simply have not. When I click those, it does not open in the player
it says there.
And it makes no sense imo to have this kind of links, it's better to
have a playlist link
like the m3u Icecast provides and the user will have the choice to use
whatever player he/she likes.

It is simply not possible, because those are all just normal files. How
should those be opened by a
specific player? It's like if I give you a mp3 link and say to you: It
will open in VLC.
There is no way this statement can be true in all cases, as it depends
on what player you have
set as default for mp3 files on your machine.