[Icecast] Ice cast Hacking

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 06:30:09 UTC 2016

On 12 Apr 2016, at 19:51, Hannah Carroll wrote:

> Hello,The station I run using ice cast keeps being targeted by a
> hacker.They manage to kill and start our stream at there own will.
> They have messaged us through a fake Facebook account telling us that
> they are hacking us and that in order for it to stop we need to give
> them our Wordpress admin, this was obviously never sent over.
> Any suggestions on how to stop and defend these attacks would be
> highly appreciated.

To discover more about your problem, we need more information.
In the most recent Icecast Version (2.4.2 or 2.4.3 for Windows) there is
no known security vulnerability that would
allow this kind of denial of service.
Which Icecast Version are you using?
If you are using a recent version of Icecast and still have this
problem, we would need error and access logs and
a estimated time when the incident happened to find out what happened.

Kind regards, Marvin Scholz