[Icecast] Winamp Shoutcast DSP to Icecast?

Jeremiah Rogers jeremiahzrogers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:48:30 UTC 2015

Thanks for the quick response, Philipp. I'll specify the mount and see
if that fixes my problem. For what it's worth, the following appears in
the icecast.xml which came with my download of 2.4.2 just beneath the
authentication section. Is there help I can offer in removing this
section from, or correcting it in, the file for future packages?

set the mountpoint for a shoutcast source to use, the default if not
specified is /stream but you can change it here if an alternative is
wanted or an extension is required

On 9/7/2015 21:42, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> Good very late night everyone,
>
> On Mon, 2015-09-07 at 21:19 -0400, Jeremiah Rogers wrote:
>> The Icecast version is 2.4.2 on Windows 8.1
>> I have only the default listen socket defined.
>>       <listen-socket>
>>           <port>8000</port>
>>           <!-- <bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address> -->
>>           <!-- <shoutcast-mount>/jzr</shoutcast-mount> -->
>>       </listen-socket>
>>
>> I presume that, because <shoutcast-mount> is commented out, I should
>> be
>> able to connect using the default of /stream
> The default is /none/. If you do not configure the mount Icecast will
> not open the socket for shoutcast's insanity.

Jeremiah Rogers
Mobile (Voice/Text): 704-996-5334
Email: jeremiahzrogers at gmail.com
Facebook/Twitter: /jzrogers