[Icecast] Winamp Shoutcast DSP to Icecast?

Jeremiah Rogers jeremiahzrogers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 01:19:49 UTC 2015

Hello. I'd like to broadcast my Winamp audio via the Shoutcast DSP to my
Icecast server. According to all i've read, this can be done and should
be simple, but I can't get it to work. Here are details for how my
server is set up. Anyone spot anything obvious?

The Icecast version is 2.4.2 on Windows 8.1
I have only the default listen socket defined.
     <listen-socket>
         <port>8000</port>
         <!-- <bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address> -->
         <!-- <shoutcast-mount>/jzr</shoutcast-mount> -->
     </listen-socket>

I presume that, because <shoutcast-mount> is commented out, I should be
able to connect using the default of /stream
Aside from this connection, I have the server relaying 1-2 others at any
one time via the same config file, and those work just fine. The limits
section is as follows.
     <limits>
         <clients>32</clients>
         <sources>16</sources>
         <queue-size>1048576</queue-size>
         <client-timeout>30</client-timeout>
         <header-timeout>15</header-timeout>
         <source-timeout>60</source-timeout>
         <burst-on-connect>1</burst-on-connect>
         <burst-size>65535</burst-size>
     </limits>

When I try to connect via Shoutcast DSP, I'm entering the IP of my
Icecast server, port 8000, the username source, and the password
specified in <source-password>. I also tried without any username
specified, and tried both username/password scenarios with the legacy
checkbox checked and unchecked.

I also tried adding a second listen socket, using port 7000, but that
made no difference. Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Jeremiah Rogers
Mobile (Voice/Text): 704-996-5334
Email: jeremiahzrogers at gmail.com