[Icecast] TuneIn Won't Record from my Icecast Relays

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Sun Oct 25 05:46:27 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Sat, 2015-10-24 at 22:53 -0400, Jeremiah Rogers wrote:
> Hi. If I open http://audio-mp3.ibiblio.org:8000/wncw-128k, or any
> other URL on my TuneIn app in iOS, I have the ability to record those
> streams for later listening.

> However, if I relay any of those streams via Icecast 2.42 on Windows
> 8.1,

Ok, so Icecast 2.4.2 itself is running on Windows 8.1?

> I can't record in TuneIn Pro. Is there a known cause or work-around
> for this? Thanks!

This is strange. I'm not into TuneIn at all so I just try general
guessing:
      * You can not record but you can listen?
      * What is the URL of that stream?
      * Is TuneIn running on the same (physical) system as Icecast?
      * You also point it to the *stream* not the *playlist*
        (.m3u, .xspf, .vclt-link as provided by Icecast's webinterface)?

Have a nice day!

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)