[Icecast] Edit icecast.xml while server running

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Fri Oct 23 04:28:31 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Wed, 2015-10-21 at 11:45 -0700, Lance wrote:
> Yes ...Ive configured SAM to the settings in the config file and it
> tryies to connect then says invalid password , authentication
> required...It's the right password!

Then likely you got the wrong password or username.

> I also dont seem to have an icecast GUI for the icecast server that I
> see in all the youtube tutorials? Therefor I c havent figured out how
> to start the server?

If you talk about that win* GUI: It's gone. Writing and maintaining
software for win* is very complicated and time consuming. So the GUI has
been dropped to get resources for improvements for all our users.

> I have accessed the admin interface just fine, but that's about all
> Ive been able to do so far.

So the server is actually running.

> Am I missing something here? I really do appreciate any advice you may
> have for me

My guess is that you over-configured your Icecast2. e.g. you added a
<mount> section for no reason. Without seeing your config file it's just
random guessing. I suggest you to start with a fresh config and *just*
change the passwords. If 'SAM' has a username field use 'source' and the
source password as given in the config.

Have a nice day!

--
Philipp.