[Icecast] Select mp3 files not playing Chrome

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:21:29 UTC 2015

On 5 Oct 2015, at 19:15, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Our typical streamripper cron command looks like
> this:
>
> /usr/bin/streamripper http://127.0.0.1:8001/archive -d
> /var/mp3/`/bin/date +%u_%H` -s -z -a -l 3600 -m 30 > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> We publish files throughout the day in hourly segments, but for the
> last
> several weeks, we have been experiencing issues with playback of these
> mp3 files in Google Chrome on Windows.

Welcome on the List! If you experience those issues even with older
files it is
most likely a problem with Chrome or with the webserver settings.

Especially if you use a streamripper, Icecast is mostly out of the
business as it
just passes the stream through and doesn't really touches the mp3 except
doing
icy metadata but that should not cause issues for the streamripper as it
doesn't get that
data unless it specifically asks for it.

It would help if you could provide a link to a file which is causing
problems.