[Icecast] Can i relay a udp://@<multicast-address>:<port> stream using Icecast2?

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Thu Nov 19 12:13:22 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Thu, 2015-11-19 at 12:54 +0200, Theodotos Andreou wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I am a newbie to Icecat2. I already know how to use darkice as a source
> but I can't find any information on how to relay a udp multicast stream
> like "udp://239.192.0.145:5000 for" example. Can icecast2 stream this
> directly or do I need to use some source client?

Icecast2 is designed for HTTP (thus TCP thus unicast) streams. So is the
relay system within Icecast2.
If you want to to relay multicast UDP traffic to Icecast2 you need to
use a source client for that. gstreamer and vlc (nox) comes into mind,
however other source clients may also support this.

Have a nice day!

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)