[Icecast] Icecast over HTTPS

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Mon Nov 2 12:54:55 UTC 2015

Good afternoon,

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 12:02 +0100, Ladislav Soukup wrote:
> Hi,
> is there anyone running Icecast stream over HTTPS. Is it even
> possible?

Sure, for many many years :)

With 2.5.x we also support RFC2817 in addition to RFC2818.

> We are updating our iOS app and there is the new Transport security...
> For now, it can be disabled per domain, bud in future, this may be a
> problem... :)

You can enable TLS by setting <ssl> to 1 in the listen socket config as
well as setting a certificate and key with <ssl-certificate> in the
<paths> section.

See http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html#ports and
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html#path

Have fun!