[Icecast] Icecast install under Windows

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:07:57 UTC 2015

On 14 May 2015, at 18:36, Jack Elliott 541 848 7021 wrote:

> Oh dear.
>
> Okay, can anyone suggest how to install Icecast under Windows as a
> service, and to be able to bring up some kind of console to start/stop
> it?

I just wrote a Wiki page detailing how to install Icecast as service
using NSSM, you can
find it here http://wiki.xiph.org/Icecast_Server/Setup_Windows_Service

> I can launch Icecast using the installed .bat file, but it's clunky.
>
> --
> that Jack Elliott
> 541 848 7021
> Producer Wednesday Point, Host, The Sunday Classics
> KPOV 88.9, High Desert Radio
> Audio geek
>
> On 05/14/2015 09:21 AM, Ross Levis wrote:
>> <Rant>Most if not all of the developers don't use the operating
>> system 90%
>> of the population use and don't really care. It works on
>> Linux.</Rant>

Well it is not that we ignore Windows, but most servers are running
Linux and we have to choose
some priorities, given that we never got much feedback from windows
users and we are just very few
developers, a Windows Service was not one of the top priorities.
But we will investigate re-adding this functionality.