[Icecast] Regarding edcast with icecast2.4

Jonathan jonathancandler_msa at q.com
Wed May 13 13:21:12 UTC 2015

Hello all. So I just  thought I would come in here and ask you all a
couple of questions regarding edcast.
First off let me tell you my situation. I am managing a radio station
and my icecast server the way I have it set up the source of which the
broadcaster connects to has to have a username and password for a mount
point that is being passed through the server. Basically these are all
mountpoint level security settings. The problem that I'm seeing here is
edcast does not allow a source username to be passed through. So in my
mount section I do have a source username and a source password set.
It goes something like this.
<username>hackme</username>
password>hackmemore</password> If you all would like the .xml file let
me know as I'm not going to do it right now, but would I just either
delete the "<username></username>" field, or just put it as stated above
in surrounding quotes so that edcast will work happy with at least the
source password that I set for such said mountpoint?