[Icecast] Current Listeners count wrong for HTML Audio on Android?

Brad Isbell brad at audiopump.co
Tue May 5 01:45:17 UTC 2015

Klaas,
Using Wireshark, I see that two TCP connections are initially made to your
streaming server, but one is closed after 10 seconds.  The other is used
for the actual stream.  I suspect that Icecast reports both connections two
you, but for the purposes of bandwidth consumption you are probably safe.

Do double check with your own devices though, with a packet sniffer.  I
only tested one device.  Browsers vary quite a bit in how they handle media.

Thanks,
 *Brad Isbell // AudioPump, Inc.*
brad at audiopump.co
Skype: bradisbell