[Icecast] Current Listeners count wrong for HTML Audio on Android?

Brad Isbell brad at audiopump.co
Sun May 3 00:46:08 UTC 2015

Klaas,
You will find that there often are multiple connections, particularly for
HTML5 audio elements in WebKit browsers as they probe to see if the media
is seekable or not.  The multiple connections die out soon after starting
though, leaving you one connection for actually streaming the audio.

You can verify this yourself with a packet sniffer such as Wireshark.  It
wouldn't hurt to double check to make sure your application isn't really
using all that data.

 *Brad Isbell // AudioPump, Inc.*
brad at audiopump.co
Skype: bradisbell