[Icecast] GET vs HEAD Response code

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat Mar 21 15:28:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 03/15/2015 03:33 AM, Alejandro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm setting HTTP monitoring app, to check the availability of my
> stream, like pingdom or uptimerobot.
>
> After test this, I see that always see 200 ok inclusive when my stream
> is not online, and of course this tools don't send the alerts.
>
> some reason to do this?
>
> curl -X GET -I http://icecast/stream
> HTTP/1.0 404 Not Available
>
> curl -X HEAD -I http://icecast/stream
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
> Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Origin, Accept, X-Requested-With,
> Content-Type
> Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET, OPTIONS, HEAD, STATS

Sounds like a serious bug, but that's not the icecast.org version of
Icecast, but a forked version. Nothing we can do, sorry.
We recommend to use the official version, packages of latest 2.4.1 are
available in many distributions and here:

http://icecast.org/download/

For stream availability you can also check using the JSON API or a custom XSLT transform.

Cheers

Thomas