[Icecast] Stream not working on newer IOS devices

Bryan bryan at tpon.com
Thu Mar 5 15:18:04 UTC 2015

Hello,
I'm with an organization that has been using icecast 2.3 and BUTT on
windows for a couple of years without any major issues.

However, just recently we have realized that the stream has a problem with
newer iPhones. I did upgrade to 2.4.1 and it hasn't resolved the issue.

On my old iPod touch it works fine but with the iPod touch 5 it doesn't.
Works fine on a PC and android. We have one mp3 stream mounted on /live.
The behavior we see is that when you click on the link a play arrow appears
but then disappears within a second or two. Once its disappeared you're
left with a blank screen that doesn't do anything.

I've looked online but haven't found anything significant. Any thoughts?

Thanks - Bryan.