[Icecast] Identify listeners on log reports

Marius Flage marius at flage.org
Wed Jun 24 08:23:43 UTC 2015

Hi again,

You can authenticate the users using a web page. Check:
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/auth.html#url

For instance look at listener_add and listener_remove. That way you can
insert into a database each time a listener connects and disconnects,
and combining that with the username let's you have a clear log of how
long each user were listening to a stream.

If I understood your use case correctly..?

- Marius