[Icecast] Question about Icecast2 when not streaming

YEG911 Info info at yeg911.ca
Thu Jun 4 05:29:33 UTC 2015

The fallback mount also counts as a source connection.

<icecast>
         <limits>
                 <sources></sources>

Make sure it shows up in the admin interface(/admin/listmounts.xsl). If
there is no source connected to the main mount, you may only see the
fallback mount. If it is connected, you should see both. Clients will
auto-join that mount when the main mount looses it's source and move
back when it is re-established. If the format is not the same, players
will get real confused when the stream suddenly changes. Some will play
dead air or garbling and the override may not work as expected.

Also, you have an additional mount for your fallback file. This is not
needed as it's created automatically.

         <mount>
                 <mount-name>/stream</mount-name>
                 <fallback-mount>/StreamWarning.mp3</fallback-mount>
                 <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
         </mount>

Make sure your fallback file is located in /usr/share/icecast2/web

---
Streaming live @ http://yeg911.ca

EDMONTON EMERGENCY SERVICES ENTHUSIAST COMMUNITY
http://yeg911.ca
info at yeg911.ca