[Icecast] Customized M3u for Icecast. Are there additional switches on XML / M3u Ezstream to override MetaData Tags in Mp3 with alternate tags

Kurt Support at LSDcode.com
Sun Jul 12 13:14:05 UTC 2015

Hello. I have been streaming IceCast for about three years now and have
run into a problem, which I hope this forum can resolve
We stream non copyright songs from independent musicians. When they
upload their music to our site, they
upload Mp3's of which some have entered the MetaData information in the
MP3. Problem, musicians dont always do this, leaving
the meta data very sparse.... When a musician uploads their music, they
enter information into the database as to the song, duration
author, ect. This information is stored in an SQL database. When a
selection is made as to what artist to stream, EzStream reads
a M3U which we create, but what is missing is an ability to use the SQL
data by someone by customizing the M3u String to
incorporate the Meta Data entered by the band in their profile.
So the short end of the stick is, can we customize the m3u to take more
then the location of the file, but port over contents
of the SQL, to show in the jPlayer ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S> IceCast is running under Centos 6.6 and ezstream is running under
Windows 2008 Server.
Thanks in advance
Kurt
AMR.fm, LLC