[Icecast] Ices generates lots of email warnings

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Tue Jul 7 11:12:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 20:15:42 +0200, you wrote:

>Am 06.07.2015 um 19:38 schrieb Steve Matzura <sm at noisynotes.com>:
>
>> I can't say whether this is either an Ices or a CentovaCast issue [...]
>
>Sorry but we can't provide support for CentovaCast, as it's not developed by us and we have nothing to do with it.

I know. My comment was to explain that if you don't or can't, I fully
understand why.

>> [...]
>> there are certain programs that play perfectly normally but generate
>> just piles of email about invalid sample rates or frames containing
>> metadata that's not supported. Is there a way to turn these emails
>> off? One of them recently was over four thousand lines long, which
>> really shocked me, and it takes a lot to shock me.
>
>You could try to make sure samplerate is correct everywhere, despite that I can't give any further advice.

That's something to check. But what does "correct" mean? Do you mean
it has to match the stream's overall sample rate? It doesn't always.
The stream runs at 128kbps. Some of the things get transcoded from
other bit-rates, like 192-, 256, and even 320kbps. If they would
normally generate these kinds of messages, then I'll just ignore them.
But if Icecast or EZStream is generating them, can these emails be
turned off completely?