[Icecast] a dedicated audio encoder

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sun Jan 25 15:21:19 UTC 2015

On 01/25/2015 02:53 PM, unosonic wrote:
>> I need to do some more experimenting, but might consider prototyping a
>> open hardware device that would fulfill all those requirements, but fit
>> a budget. A likely target would be one of the recent open hardware
> that'd be cool! why not kick-starting it? (no personal experience, but
> a friend realized a niche project in the $25k range successfully, so...)

That might be an option far down the road. Currently it still needs much
more work. It's essentially a concept/idea at this stage.

Also ideally this will be easy to produce, even in quantities of ONE, so
that many people will be able to reproduce it on a minimal budget.
Possibly only the PCB being a bit more involved, but even that can be
done through itead or OSHPark.

For those who want one as a kit or fully assembled doing a run through
e.g. kickstarter or some other platform would be an option. That way
also most disappointing delays and such can be avoided.

Cheers

Thomas