[Icecast] Looking for company behind serverhostingcenter.com and directhostingcenter.com for causing problems on dir.xiph.org

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat Jan 10 11:45:27 UTC 2015

On 12/29/2014 02:44 PM, "Thomas B. Rücker" wrote:
> On 12/29/2014 01:43 PM, Maarten S wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> directhostingcenter.com:
>>
>> Registrant Organization: Internet and Computer Services, LLC (LINK
>> WhoIs <http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=directhostingcenter.com>)
> Yeah, I spent about half an hour trying to find more on that company,
> but came up empty handed. Their name isn't really helpful when perusing
> a search engine, even if you try forced grouping and other tricks.
>
>> Tim Wood = Owner - Internet and Computer Services, LLC (LINK LinkedIn
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tim-wood/85/3a3/1ba>)
>> Also: LINK
>> <http://mail.directhostingcenter.com/how-to-install-csf-and-lfd>,
>> press WEBMASTER, mail address =   timwood at timwood.net
>> <mailto:timwood at timwood.net>
>>
>> Perhaps this is the one you are looking for.
>>
> That looks like the best shot so far, thanks for finding that missing link.
> I'll email that guy.
> If anyone else has first hand knowledge, please let me know. You'd think
> this outfit has some web page to advertize and sell their streaming
> services.

So as that didn't help either, the IP ranges where this company hosts
servers and their domains have now been suspended on dir.xiph.org.
Sadly it looks like there is significant collateral delistings, but
maybe one of those stations will notice and contact us. That could help
get in touch with someone.

I've also sent an email to the abuse contact of the NOC of the
datacentre, but didn't get an answer.

Cheers

Thomas