[Icecast] EZStream and Cue Sheets

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Wed Jan 7 13:03:44 UTC 2015

I may have asked this before, but either I didn't, or I've
inadvertently discarded the message containing the answer, so pardon
please if this is a repeat.

Wil EZStream ever support cue sheets--a companion file containing
metadata information normally inserted into the stream from that
contained in the multimedia file itself? More play-out software is
including the ability to produce these files, so I'm thinking, hoping,
that the streamer companion to the Icecast stream server will at some
point be able to read these files as well. Any plans for this ability
to be included in future EZStream releases? If not, does anyone know
of any other EZStream-like software that can be used to stream files
through an Icecast server that handles cue sheet files in the manner
described above?