[Icecast] icecast and proxy

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed Feb 25 11:18:55 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 11:07 AM, Rafael Gomes wrote:
> I use iptables to either redirect the port packages
>
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d 192.168.2.32 --dport 80 -j
> REDIRECT --to-port 8000
I do NOT recommend this. This tends to break in obscure ways, just as
reverse-proxies.
Icecast will happily listen on port 80 directly.

There are people who claim that it isn't possible, but that's because
they aren't capable to reverse the distro packaging breakage.
All it takes is to start the process as root and use the <changeowner>
directive to pass the information to which user to pivot after claiming
the privileged port.

Cheers

Thomas