[Icecast] listener authentication

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Mon Feb 23 05:49:24 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 03:03 PM, Ron Harmon wrote:
> Thomas and Phillip,
>
> Thanks so much for your help. I have it working now but, is there a
> way to setup that when the user clicks on the m3u to play that it
> would open a player in the web page instead of creating the m3u file
> then having to open it in windows media player as some of the time WMP
> wont play the file.

Just use an <audio> element or a javascript player that leverages this.
The latter ones tend to also have a fallback to some flash object in
case the browser doesn't support the format.

Starting with version 2.4 the officially supported formats also get a
<audio> object in the status page. Keep in mind though, that the status
page is not meant to be a focal point for end users, usually you'd embed
the player into your homepage or such.

Cheers

Thomas