[Icecast] Automatic rotation Dump-File possible?

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Mon Dec 7 13:19:43 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Sat, 2015-11-28 at 16:09 -0300, Alejandro wrote:
> I try to found some information about if possible has dump-files that
> rotate automatically.
>

> I has setup:
>         <dump-file>/recordings/stream-%Y%m%d-%H%M%S</dump-file>
>
> How is the correct way to split every 1 hour for example this
> dumpfile?

This is not possible at the moment. The dump file is opened on source
connect. events such as SIGHUP or similar things have no effect on this.

There is a related ticket in the system:
https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/2173

However I think thre will be little movement on this in near future (at
least without sponsoring) as it requires to find a matching sync point
in the stream when reopening to ensure the individual files are both
valid and gap less.

What you can always do is to run a little script that connects as a
client and downloads the file locally with e.g. wget. then you restart
this wget whenever you want to break the stream.

I hope that helps you a bit. Looking forward to your reply.

PS: Please avoid sending HTML mails to this list. Thank you.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)