[Icecast] Icecast and Streamed Audio Formats

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Sun Aug 23 00:29:24 UTC 2015

reflum,

On Sat, 2015-08-22 at 20:13 -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
> So that means files with metadata in them don't get that metadata
> streamed? Too bad that. This had potential.

I think what he tried to say is:
It may or may not work. There is no official support. If it works for
you: fine. If it doesn't or break: no official support ('also fine').

regarding meta data:
It's *exactly* the same as for MP3 streams. There is no technical
difference between them.

Maybe that helped you.
Have a nice day!

--