[Icecast] Relays Ending With "Disconnecting source due to socket timeout"

Jeremiah Rogers jeremiahzrogers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 13:34:05 UTC 2015

Sorry to leave that out. My connections typically last 2-6 hours before
the socket timeout error. The streams are MP3, either 64KBPS or 128KBPS.

Nathan also asked about firewalls. My Windows Firewall is off, and my
machine's antivirus doesn't have a firewall feature. I don't think
there's any firewall in play here.

Before emailing the list, I looked through several months of list
archives hoping to find this problem covered. While I didn't find it, I
saw reference to setting the log level to 4 and did that with my most
recent stream to see what I might learn. When the socket timeout is
generated, I see the following line.

DBUG last 1439707668, timeout 10, now 1439707679

With each stream I used in that session, when that line would be
generated, the difference between now and last was 11. They lead me to
the following questions.

What are those numbers?
Do I correctly presume the allowable difference between them to be
controlled by the <source-timeout> setting in the config file?
If I change <source-timeout> to 30, 60, 256, or 512, what ramifications
might that have on listeners, my machine, or sources from which I relay?

Thanks!