[Icecast] Check feed connected, active - IceCast 2.4.x

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Sat Apr 11 07:03:16 UTC 2015

Good morning,

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 23:41 +0000, Dean Sauer wrote:
> After a situation arose, I am looking to put a little script to monitor
> my IceCast server to make sure IceCast is up and running, and the feeds
> connected... obviously not a verification of audio, yet, but at least the
> source is sending data to the IceCast server.
>
> I can check that IceCast is running doing a simple:
>
> response_code = urllib.urlopen("http:/server:8000").getcode()

Two slashes missing.

> If I get a 200, IceCast is up/running.
>
> For feeds what would be the best URL to check and the response?
>
> NOTE: Feeds if THE SOURCE is NOT SENDING, FAIL OVER to a fail over
> mount!!
>
> So taking this caveat into consideration for the above. So if I check
> xyz.url:8000 it should come back 500 or something that its down and on
> the failover mount...

You can request /admin/stats.xml. That file will return the overall
server status including per source information. If the server returns
200 with the expected XML document the server is up and running. You can
look at the <source> tags to find out if the sources are connected.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)