[Icecast] IceCast server question

Ehsan Vesal ehsan.vesal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:42:39 UTC 2014

Hello

Please excuse for my bad English

I want have a live microphone streaming in my LAN. I am using VLC media
player for capturing the microphone and send stream to IceCast server (This
computer use as source client and has ip=192.168.1.33). Icecast server has
ip=192.168.1.34, When source client connect to server I can see in Admin
page (http://192.168.1.34:8000/admin/stats.xsl) that one source arrived, I
don’t see any bad thing in Log file but in console I see “notification:
This doesn’t look like a Speex file”. When I want play this stream by VLC
media player by URL=http://192.168.1.34:8000/stream I did not get any error
(such as this stream not valid or VLC is unable to open …) but VLC do not
play this stream.

I send for you steps in pictures, and IceCast configuration file
(icecast.xml) please tell me what my mistake is.

Best regards.