[Icecast] Problem with web services

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Wed Mar 26 19:58:26 UTC 2014

El mié, 26-03-2014 a las 05:31 +0000, "Thomas B. Rücker" escribió:
> On 03/26/2014 04:27 AM, José Luis Artuch wrote:
> > Jo se / Thomas
> > Ok, I did not know about Icecast2 can also serve web pages, wow ... it
> > is very powerful !!
>
> Just to be clear about this, serving files is a dependency functionality
> for us.
> We need it to e.g. serve the graphics and CSS files for the status
> interface. But it's not in any way optimized code and we don't offer any
> fancy features for it. So serving some additional files, throwing in a
> crossdomain.xml, etc. that's just fine.
>
> But if you want to seriously serve files over http, I'd recommend to
> install a  webserver.

Tks Thomas, interesting and useful functionality.
Now I have checked that it does not support php.

> > I do not have Ubuntu, but I experimented with Debian. I put in a
> > Icecast2 server (server 1) an html page (x.html). In this web page I can
> > play without problems a radio station that is hosted on another Icecast2
> > server (server 2),
>
> Yes, you probably put the file either directly in
> /usr/share/icecast2/web/ or put a symlink to it there. Isn't it?

Exactly as you have mentioned in a previous post,
in /usr/share/icecast2/web/.
> Maybe Jo Se will believe you then.

Yes, it is !
According you explain above (limited functionality), may be that Jo se
is trying to run a file with some code not supported by the Icecast
server version for Ubuntu OS ?.
Regards
José Luis