[Icecast] Win32 Service

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sun Jun 1 15:52:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 06/01/2014 01:58 PM, Tobias - WileC wrote:
> What’s about to use Icecast as win32 service?

We currently do not offer this option.
We recently switched the build system for Windows and didn't have the
resources to add service support.

> In the new installation of 2.4.0, the option for installing as win32
> service isn’t available.

That is correct. We only ship with a BAT file that runs the server from
the directory it was unpacked into.

> Would it be implemented in the future?

We might consider it for the future. I know someone had it on their
(long) todo list. Getting user feedback (like yours) certainly helps us
to prioritize, as right now our working assumption is that an
overwhelming majority of production Icecast installations are Linux/Unix
based.

Cheers

Thomas