[Icecast] can't use icecast2 in ubuntu 12.04

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:10:15 UTC 2014

Hello!
I solved the problem, probably in a terrible manner.
but one thing is absolutely clear, the problem was the firewall.
I decided simply to delete all sort of rules, reading a little tutorial
on the net. I  simply issued the following commands:

iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

Now, icecast works absolutely well!
I really hope to be able to restore some basic rules of my firewall,
because I am not a good unix user, so I know ufw, the is the
uncomplicated firewall, but nothing about iptables.
anyway, a complete deletion of all rules solved.
I really want to thank you because you point my attention to the
firewall and connection issues!
thank you thank you thank you!