[Icecast] can't use icecast2 in ubuntu 12.04

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed Jul 30 21:26:38 UTC 2014

On 07/30/2014 07:41 PM, Simone Dal Maso wrote:
> Hello,
> first of all thank you for your patience and having answered you.
> I tried to change port from 8000 to 8001 but nothing happened. I am
> using a vps server so I don't need to open port from router.
> I paste here  all my icecast.xml configuration file.
> can you please give a llok and tell me if all seems ok to you?
> still thank you!

<snip value="icecast config" />

No blatant problems in the config. Are you sure that the ToS of your VPS
allow for running streaming servers? I've seen hosts firewalled off
externally for such reasons.
I'd recommend to verify that the connection requests actually reach your
server. You could run "tcpdump -ni eth0 port 8000" and try to access the
icecast web interface. If you don't see any output, then traffic to port
8000 is blocked externally.

Cheers

Thomas