[Icecast] [Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4 beta4 release
"Thomas B. Rücker"
thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Jan 23 08:40:35 PST 2014
This is to announce the release of Icecast 2.4 beta4 (aka 188.8.131.52).
We've landed an important bug fix and we're looking forward to testing
and feedback. As this is a beta release please discuss it on the
icecast-dev mailing list.
(Please do NOT cross-post to both lists, do NOT reply to the icecast
mailing list, PLEASE reply to icecast-dev at xiph.org only).
* Fixed a memory leak. Lost headers of stream because of wrong ref
counter in associated refbuf objects.
* avoid memory leak in _parse_mount() when "type"-attribute is set
* Completed HTTP PUT support, send 100-continue-header,
if client requests it. We need to adhere to HTTP1.1 here.
* Updated web interface to be more XHTML compliant.
* corrected Date-header format to conform the standard (see RFC1123).
Thanks to cato for reporting.
* Added a favicon to the web-root content
* We now split handling of command line arguments into two parts.
Only the critical part of getting the config file is done first (and
-v as it prevents startup). The rest (only -b) is deferred.
It allows us to log error messages to stderr even if the -b argument
is passed. This is mainly for the case where the logfile or TCP port
can't be opened.
Please test this and also all other new 2.4 features and report to the
dev mailing list with your observations and findings.
Source tar ball:
Also there are experimental packages for many distributions built on OBS:
The package repositories are here:
Those are not intended for production use and _none_ of the packages
have been tested, so if it scares your cat, bites your dog and blows up
- enjoy the fireworks.
Icecast-dev mailing list
Icecast-dev at xiph.org
More information about the Icecast