[Icecast] Regarding fallback mount points.

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jan 3 21:58:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, jonathan candler wrote:

> Hi all. I finally got my automating stream working. now, I do have a question for you all regarding fallback mount. I believe I have them setup correctly. but what I would want to do is when I go to http://kjscradio.com:8000/stream.mp3.m3u, I would like it to fallback to the mount point that I have setup for my automation stream. Then, when a source drops the connection from the /stream.mp3.m3u mount I would like it to go to my automation mount for it. My .xml file config is below.

a few comments:

1.  It's not a good idea to publish your passwords.  If these are the
passwords you use, I highly recommend changing them.

2.  I would either comment out or remove the auth stuff if you're not
using it, as it may make things not work because the auth fails.

3.  You usually wouldn't want streams that fallback to each other and i've
not tried it.  It could very well confuse Icecast, particularly if neither
stream is on at any given time.

Having said all this, does it work?

Geoff.