[Icecast] Opus supported source client without transcoding?

epicanis+icecast at dogphilosophy.net epicanis+icecast at dogphilosophy.net
Thu Feb 20 18:47:45 UTC 2014

> have you tried "cat $1.opus $2.opus $3.opus | oggfwd"

I haven't tried that, though I'm fairly certain it would work as you suspect.

The problem is, of course, that as soon as ($3).opus is done, the
feed dies. What I need/want is a continuous feed looping through an existing
set of audio files repeatedly (ideally with some way of varying how often
each one is played or at least pseudo-randomly shuffled or something, though
this isn't strictly necessary).

I have a suspicion that the only way available for now would be a named
pipe to oggfwd and some sort of custom script to keep selecting and feeding
the files to the pipe (unless the opus-supporting fork of BUTT does something
ices2-like (in addition to transcoding, the limited documentation makes it appear
that it only handles one piece of audio at a time, rather than a list of files, so it
may not be useful for this.)