[Icecast] <intro> plays only on some browser

Judd, Taylor Allen tjudd at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 18 22:27:18 UTC 2014

Setup a new pre-roll using the intro tag. The intro plays but does not switch over to the live stream. It appears to work on Firefox 27 & IE 11 on Win 7. It does work on VLC and a few other local players. But it doesn't work on Chrome 32 in Win 7 or Apple Firefox or Chrome.

We are using media element as our embedded player.

tjudd at icecast:/var/log/icecast> icecast -v
Icecast 2.3.2

Any thoughts?  People have a good work around or suggestions for the Intro tag?

Thanks,
Taylor