[Icecast] Opus supported source client without transcoding?

Daniel Jonsson dannie92 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 08:46:12 UTC 2014

Hi!

I'm looking for a Linux source client that supports the Opus codec and
doesn't transcode/re-encode the music files.

I have tried both mpd and Liquidsoap, but both re-encodes the media
files even if they already are in Opus.

I would like to be able to pre-encode my music library to, lets say,
100 kbit/s Opus files and then just stream them as-is. This would save
storage space, CPU cycles and audio quality.

What source client would you recommend me to try out?