No subject

Mon Dec 1 15:39:35 PST 2014

2003,
with Orban Opticodec-PC, now StreamS Live Encoder.
/greg ogonowski.

-----Original Message-----
From: icecast-bounces at xiph.org [mailto:icecast-bounces at xiph.org] On =
Behalf
Of M M
Sent: Wednesday, 09 September, 2015 15:16
To: icecast at xiph.org
Subject: [Icecast] Tips for AAC streams and Windows Media Player?

We're on Icecast 2.4.2 and stream as MP3. =A0We want to move to AAC. =
=A0However,
we can't get AAC streams to reliably work in Windows Media Player 12, =
which
comes with Windows 7. =A0Many of our listeners are on that client.

Any tips on getting this to work?

We found a stream which works. =A0It's =
http://air.radiorecord.ru:8100/rr_aac.
=A0Most streams fail though, for example:
http://streaming14.tdiradio.com:8000/radiojat. =A0We can't figure out =
the
difference between those two streams.

Also, when an AAC stream fails to play in WMP, we can sometimes get it =
play by putting WMP into "Now Playing" mode and then clicking the =
timeline.
=A0This starts playing content from the beginning of the buffer.

 		 	   		 =20