[Icecast] Looking for company behind serverhostingcenter.com and directhostingcenter.com for causing problems on dir.xiph.org

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Mon Dec 29 14:44:39 UTC 2014

On 12/29/2014 01:43 PM, Maarten S wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> directhostingcenter.com:
>
> Registrant Organization: Internet and Computer Services, LLC (LINK
> WhoIs <http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=directhostingcenter.com>)

Yeah, I spent about half an hour trying to find more on that company,
but came up empty handed. Their name isn't really helpful when perusing
a search engine, even if you try forced grouping and other tricks.

> Tim Wood = Owner - Internet and Computer Services, LLC (LINK LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/tim-wood/85/3a3/1ba>)
> Also: LINK
> <http://mail.directhostingcenter.com/how-to-install-csf-and-lfd>,
> press WEBMASTER, mail address =   timwood at timwood.net
> <mailto:timwood at timwood.net>
>
> Perhaps this is the one you are looking for.

That looks like the best shot so far, thanks for finding that missing link.
I'll email that guy.
If anyone else has first hand knowledge, please let me know. You'd think
this outfit has some web page to advertize and sell their streaming
services.

Cheers

Thomas