[Icecast] Metadata configurablity in Icecast

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:33:53 UTC 2014

I been monitoring metadata and connections statistics by a polling the
server and recording the information require.  Including the current
Metadata.,  I ended up polling on a min bases and the radion stations
station that use use been happy with the information for past couple
years.  This is via the server status page. I like to present each of our
customers with listeners counts, times listen, how long a listen has been
listing, and how many unique listeners. And for other they
need unique tags,

I event per request set up means of putting out custom meta data that is
diferent from the content stream that is blocked cause of DMC concerns.

 Its a real pain to present it in a useable form.  But I also found out
different stations have different needs .and its all based on the contracts
they have.

 IT can be done without any modifications.

:)