[Icecast] [Icecast-dev] Directory Listing on http://dir.xiph.org/

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Oct 30 18:31:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Scott Winterstein wrote:

> I am having a issue with what I am doing wrong here to get listed in
> the xiph.org public directory. I have the newest
> icecast-2.3.99.3_beta3, loaded on a Win7 box acting as server, and
> using BUTT to encode the source at 32kbps, mono, .mp3, from VLC
> playlists. I have the server config set to public, and have this code
> in the icecast.xml file:
>
>    <directory>
>        <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
>        <yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>
>    </directory>

take a llook in the error log.  If the logging is set appropriately, you
should see the attempt to get listed, and you should definitely see if the
attempt fails.

The other thing is if you have a mount-specific section of your server
config for this mountpoint, check that it's not set to prevent YP
listings.

Of course, you also need your stream to be public as set on the client,
but you've taken care of this.
HTH,
Geoff.